January 13, 2016

# Family # Parties

The Golden Anniversary

This August, my {truly} Great Aunt and Uncle will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary! As we are way overdue for a family reunion anyway, we decided it was a great opportunity to get together and throw them a party.
One of my favorite stories from my Aunt and Uncle was from their first year of marriage. During that year, they put all of their savings in a piggy bank and with the $100 saved, they took a vacation to Dauphin Island, AL. This hidden beach community has always held a dear place in their hearts and after vacationing there for many years, they decided to invest in a second home.
Naturally, it is the location of our upcoming soiree to celebrate this amazing couple!

And since I love any reason to throw a party, I am diving in head first. I have been busy collecting ideas for a casual, beach GOLDEN anniversary!


Golden Anniversary


This will be a step out of my comfort zone (as it is not a holiday or a kid's birthday party!) but I know it will be so much fun. I can't wait to celebrate them!


No comments:

Post a Comment