September 29, 2010

A Little Note About Pore Strips

When pore strips first came out, I thought they were the greatest things invented. How awesome to be able to clean out your pores in one swift movement! I must have completely blocked out the reason why I quit using them to begin with.
A few nights ago, I was recovering from a *really* long day at work (although, let's be serious-all of my days at work are *really* long-usually a 14 hour day). Anyway, I thought I should treat myself to a little "grooming" and relaxation. I remembered the pore strips I had discovered when unpacking Ben's bathroom box. (Yep, Ben's box...)


I carefully read the directions (maybe something has changed from middle school?)
 I put one one my nose, and one on my forehead, totally ready to experience the bliss of clear pores!
The most important part: "Let dry for about 10-15 minutes until stiff to the touch—like papier-mâché."

So, after about 15 minutes, when the strips felt like a Kindergarten art project, I prepare to pull them off. I remember the pain, but not quite accurately. My eyes are watering like crazy as I slowly (according to the directions) peel it toward the center of my nose. AT LAST! The strip is off and I open my eyes preparing to celebrate the product of my pain. 


Um, really? There is NOTHING on the strip. It looks just like it did when I put it on, although a little more stiff. Right. Now I remember why I quit using them to begin with. The worst part of all? I still had one on my forehead. Crap.


While searching for an image of pore strips, I found this video (a little gross, but it helps me understand how Biore is still in business.) It also makes me wonder why this girl would want to video this process, but whatev-I'm using it.

Also, I hate how her nail polish is all over her fingers. Ugh


Lesson Learned

3 comments:

  1. I completely agree! This is why I only attempted them once. I maintain that all "acne" brands are worthless and not a single one works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. coyote i LOVE the blog!! I'm happy you started one. You're so cute, I can totally hear your voice when I'm reading the posts--that's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A. I love those things.
    B. That video was suuuuuuper gross. But I could NOT stop watching! YUCK! hahaha

    http://smo-hiptobesquare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete