March 05, 2012

# Milestones # Pictures

Fishin' in the Dark

Ben and I "celebrated" 9 years together as a couple on March 3rd! We agreed that we wouldn't really celebrate this anniversary anymore, but we like to at least acknowledge it. Saturday was a busy day- Ben worked half the day and I was running errands all day. We met up in the late afternoon to buy new living room furniture(!!!) and finish our errands. Neither one of us felt like cooking, so we decided on Mexican for din-din.

As we were sitting in our booth, thinking about the last nine years, the live musician began to play a song that we instantly recognized. Yep, he was playing our song from high school. I couldn't believe it-I almost fell out of the booth (except my belly was so wedged in there I don't think I could have!).

This song is not well known at all, and certainly not one you would typically hear in a Mexican restaurant! I'm not even sure why this was our song because I can assure you-we never went fishin' in the dark!

It's hard to believe we have been a couple for 9 years-so many things have happened in that span of time. And here we are...married, with a house, and expecting our first child. Could we have predicted this 9 years ago? As a matter of fact, this is exactly where we saw ourselves in 9 years. What a blessing it is!!

Junior year of high school

High School graduation





No comments:

Post a Comment