July 09, 2012

# Family # Food

Summer Veggie Bake

Once again, I find myself with tons of summer veggies (from various friends/family with gardens) and running out of [fun] options for them. I've already done my Zucchini Fritters so of course I turned to Pinterest for some inspiration : )
I found this recipe and thought it would be a wonderful addition to a family potluck cookout.

Recipe

Ingredients: Summer vegetables! (I used squash, zucchini, tomatoes, and potatoes. I also think eggplant would have been great!)

-onion, garlic, butter, thyme, salt, pepper, cheese (I used mozzarella)

Directions: Saute onion in garlic until soft.

Meanwhile, thinly slice veggies of choice.

Butter the pan-I used a 9x13 and actually put a few chunks of butter in the bottom! Spread sauteed onions & garlic in bottom of pan, then alternate veggies vertically.

Sprinkle with thyme, salt & pepper

Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes

Remove and top with cheese, then bake (uncovered) for another 15-20 minutes

ENJOY!

Step One: Place baby in swing :)

Aren't they beautiful?! (prior to roasting)

This is the only food picture I got because (of course) as soon as it was ready to come out of the oven, Miss P decided she was hungry too! But trust me-it was delicious



Cousins in their coordinating outfits!





No comments:

Post a Comment