January 09, 2013

# Family

Days Like Today

Today, I actually managed to eat breakfast while sitting down at the table. Then it went downhill from there. Or did it?

I showered, but didn't get to dry my hair. I didn't even attempt makeup. Pretty hot look for me, really.

I emptied the dishwasher, but dirty dishes remain piled in my sink...and all over the counter.

I tumbled clothes in the dryer. Three times. They never got folded.

My to-do list is long, and I keep adding things to it, yet not crossing things off.

What has occupied so much of my time today, you ask? What a silly question...


I rocked my baby to sleep today. It breaks every sleep-training rule I know. But today, I don't care. Today, I am going to ignore my dirty dishes, my crazy hair, my piles of laundry. I'm abandoning the to-do list. On days like today, I'm going to give my baby what she needs-me.
I'm doing it today...because tomorrow, she will be grown. I'm cherishing every moment of days like today.



 

2 comments: