April 19, 2013

# Fitness # Food

Fitness Friday {Low Calorie Snacks & Treats}

I love to snack...I would much rather graze all day than eat meals.  Better choose the right snacks though :)
Here are a few ways I have cut calories while still enjoying a treat.



Vanilla Almond Milk
Alright, I love coffee. I need my fix every morning. I also love flavored creamers, but when I realized I was drinking around 200 calories, I knew something had to change! Silk's vanilla almond milk was perfect-good flavor without all the calories. No, it's not exactly like flavored creamer, but it does the job. And, I'm starting to actually enjoy good coffee instead of good creamer! I use about 1/4 cup.
90 calories for 8 ounces
 


Special K Cracker Chips
I'm the kind of person that likes to have a little *crunch* with my sandwich. Typical potato chips are high in calories with a serving size of like...7 chips. Are you kidding me? These bad boys are only 110 calories and you can have 30! THIRTY! Now that's a serving. There is a new flavor-Honey BBQ-I must try!
110 calories for 30 (THIRTY!) chips


 Yoplait Greek Yogurt
Yes, please! Greek yogurt is an awesome treat because it is packed with protein to keep you full for longer. Plus...it's tasty. I'm usually a Chobani girl, but I've cut about 40 calories per serving by switching. And 40 calories counts! Yoplait Greek is smooth and creamy-a very good greek yogurt choice. Yum-o
100 calories per container




 Skinnny Cow Cookies 'n Cream
We all need some dessert every night from time to time. I mean real dessert...not some stupid fruit covered in fat free whipped topping. I am obsessed with Skinny Cow products. My favorite Cookies 'n Cream ice cream sandwich is delish. And BIG! Like, a real ice cream sandwich. 
150 calories for 1 sandwich

Of course, our old friends fruits and veggies are always a good option for snacking, and very nutritious. But sometimes, you just need a little something else.
Happy Snacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment