August 07, 2013

# Holiday # Recipes

Fruit Pizza

We hosted a cookout for Independence Day, and I needed a quick and easy dessert! I also wanted something festive since I knew we would be missing the fireworks due to the rain.

I decided on a Fruit Pizza, and it was one of the easiest and tastiest desserts ever! Rather than making my own crust, I used premade sugar cookie dough so it all came together in minutes. That's my kind of dessert.


What You'll Need:
-1 roll sugar cookie dough
-1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
-1/2 C white sugar
-2 tsp vanilla extract
-assorted fruit

What You'll Do:

1) Press sugar cookie roll onto pizza pan (or desired dish) to create a crust. Bake according to directions on package, until crust is lightly browned.

2) In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread on cooled crust.

3) Arrange desired fruit on top and chill before serving.

I served mine in a pie pan for a prettier presentation!
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes
  
What other fruit toppings would you suggest?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment