March 29, 2016

# Family # Holiday

Easter {As a Nurse}

For the second Easter in a row, I was scheduled to work the weekend. For night shift, that means Friday and Saturday night. Technically I had Easter Sunday off, but I knew I would not be feeling very social.

On Saturday morning, Ben and the kids went to his Mom's house for the day to celebrate and let Mommy sleep in a quiet house. Eliza enjoyed her first Easter egg hunt...taught by the pro, of course!
 



On Saturday night, I got the best surprise...cancelled from work for the night! I enjoyed the evening with my kiddos...and then promptly fell asleep on the couch.
On Easter morning, we woke up to fun-filled baskets and some more family QT.

 Pure excitement


First taste of a Peep
 So there we were on Easter morning with no reservations, nothing to cook for breakfast, and rain in the forecast. What did we do? We went to Waffle House of course :)


After breakfast, we got home for a quick Easter egg hunt before the rain came. It was a little cold, so I let Peyton pick out an outfit for hunting...

Yup







No cute monogrammed outfits, church, or fancy breakfast this year. Time with my family. It's all I needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment