June 10, 2011

# Fitness # Food

Fitness Friday....I'm Baaaack


No more excuses! I am back to working a somewhat normal schedule (like...during the day), I don't have a lot of upcoming trips, and I am in 2 weddings this fall-all good reasons to get back to business with WW. I have spoken with a few coworkers who have had great success with the new program, and gave me some tips I had not tried before (although I feel like I have tried everything).
Giving "Loser" a New Definition


For my daily allowance of 29 points, I have always eaten 5-6 for breakfast,0-2 for snack, 5-6 for lunch, and the rest (15-17) for dinner. I like having extra points in the evening because I always struggle between lunch and dinner...I go in to major snack mode. Plus, if I am cooking dinner for both of us, I have to keep in mind that Ben doesn't always want to eat light for dinner. 
One of my coworkers suggested that I split up the points evenly-9 points for each meal with 2 to spare for a snack. I have tried all the other tricks for losing weight on this program, so let's see if this does it!


If you haven't heard, the food pyramid is GONE! I am actually pretty excited about this and I hope it creates an easier system for Americans to follow. The old food pyramids were difficult to read and didn't provide a good system for portion control (which is what most Americans struggle with). The USDA has created MyPlate- a better image for what your plate should look like. The website is very interactive and easy to follow. (Yes, this was created from Michelle Obama's initiative on the issue of overweight Americans-but I like it and think it will be more effective)


Play around with it!



No comments:

Post a Comment