June 09, 2011

# Goals

Stress Management



So I was looking for some bling for my blog, and I ran across this: Blogtap. It's a random topic generator for blogs. You select a category, and click 'generate topic' and BAM-new topic. Ok, it's not completely fool proof, because, let's be honest-there are some things you just don't want to blog about. I selected the category 'health' and here are the first five topics that the tool generated:


-stress management
-sleep paralysis
-running in the morning
-The World Health Assembly
-how to properly stretch


Let's go with stress management. I should tell you that I enjoy going for a run or occupying my time with some other healthy habit, but please...you know I hate running. To combat my stress, I get down to business.
The most stressful time in my life (so far) was when I was in nursing school. The curriculum was very difficult, in addition to clinicals, learning new skills...oh, and planning a wedding. I would have a to-do list that stretched a mile long, and sometimes I would think there literally isn't enough time in the day to get it all done. Ben would try to help by creating an escape for me-an evening to get away from it all and get my mind off of things. So sweet. But guess what? That just made things worse for me. Even if my list seemed impossible, the only thing that would help me manage that stress was to begin checking things off. I do love to check things off my list!

Now, my list is shorter, but bigger!
-Buy a house
-Go back to school (maybe?)


No comments:

Post a Comment