September 01, 2012

# About Me

The Mommy 'Do

Remember that time I got my hair cut when I was pregnant? Well, obviously that wasn't dramatic enough for me. After a few months of taking prenatal vitamins, my hair had grown back to its original length and style...which was long and bulky. I was ready for a completely new style-highlights and all! Ben was really the driving force behind it because he prefers my hair short

Before picture

 
 My inspiration
{My stylist did a variation based on my texture}

 Getting foils (something I haven't done in a very long time!)
 About halfway done here...again, they had to sweep several times

The Finished Product! 

It's the ultimate Mommy 'do. So far, I like it but it's a lot to get used to because it's super short. 
{Anyone with coarse/thick hair have any recommendations on product? Nothing seems to hold my hair for longer than an hour}

 

2 comments:

  1. It is super cute! When I had pixie short hair (waaaay before I met Rich) I used hair wax or putty. I think the brand was BedHead? I dont remember. But you put a little between your fingertips and rub together before you put brush your fingers in to your hair. This was 10 years ago, so they may have something better out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kenra Platinum texturizing taffy. Great for sculpting and separating, holds my crazy thick hair all day long, especially when trying to keep my bangs to the side.

    ReplyDelete