August 30, 2012

# Milestones # Peyton

The Big Move

Well, folks...it happened. I had my first Mommy breakdown. I think it was a lot of things that hit me all at once.

I have spent some time this week cleaning out P's closet and drawers, and I became quite upset as the 'too small' pile grew larger and larger. My tiny newborn is not tiny anymore. She's growing...and wearing 3-6 or 6 month clothes!

This is my last week of maternity leave. I am not ready to go back. Many people have been asking about care for Peyton when I return to work. I am so blessed that Ben will be able to stay at home with her while I am away. In the off-chance that we have a conflict, I know lots of grandparents that will be ready to step in and help out! I am also blessed that I work 3 days a week. They are long days. Really long days. But, I will still be able to spend lots of time with my sweet baby on days I don't work. I am actually looking forward to working again. I don't want to leave my girl, but I am ready to care for new Mommies and babies again. Especially now that I have 'been there', I feel like I can offer so much more to my patients! 

Peyton moved into her crib this week. She has been taking her naps in her crib for about a month, but still slept in our room at night. She certainly didn't mind the big move to her crib, but I was quite emotional about it. 

Last night with Mommy & Daddy

First morning in my crib! I am always happy when I wake up
 
Her room is only steps away from ours, but it's still a big move! I don't think a Momma could ever be too emotional about a milestone in her child's life, right?
And, as you can see by the pictures, the swaddle is about to be a thing of the past. She still falls asleep well when swaddled, so I will continue to do it! (And she will continue to break out of it!)

This week, Peyton also got her first picture ID. We rejoined the Y and she had to get a member card!

Her first swim at the Y pool {and my new fave picture!}


 I know I can't stop her from growing up, but it would be nice for time to slow down a little!

 

1 comment:

  1. She is so sweet! Wonderful pictures. It is so sad to see them grow so fast. :) Enjoy every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete