December 07, 2012

# Food # Milestones

Big Girl Food

Peyton enjoyed her first big girl food a couple of weeks ago!

We have decided to make our own food. Yes, I see your eyes rolling. And I've heard it before..."We'll see how long this lasts!" But that's what everyone said about cloth diapers too...and we're still loving them!
Homemade baby food & cloth diapers-I promise I'm not turning into a hippie. I like to know what's going in to my baby's body. And it's way cheaper! (Even when buying organic)

Ashley recommended I check out this site and I LOVE it! When reading about starting solids, I learned that cereal doesn't have to be the first food. So, we decided on sweet potatoes, then bananas the week after that. This week: avocados!

In my big girl chair!
   
Yummy!

Peyton loves to eat! And we've also started offering her sips of water from a cup. Not a sippy cup-an actual cup. It's quite entertaining to watch her drink from it!
I'll let you know how the avocados go :)
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love that you still cloth diaper! And you hand make all her food! Wish more people were as conscious as you!

    ReplyDelete