March 18, 2015

# Products

A Few of my Favorite Things {6 Must-Have Items for Toddler + Baby}

Among the articles, pins, and blog posts about the best products for baby, there is little to help the Mom who has a toddler and a newborn at the same time!
After 5 months of experience as a Mom of two babes, I have found some must-have items when juggling the twosome.


Must Haves for Toddler + Baby


A Sleep Program. With baby number one, you might have decided to just wing it when it came to sleep and a schedule. When baby two comes along, you will want to have some type of structure, for your own sanity. With both of my kids, I used The 90 Minute Baby Sleep Program and I can't say enough good things about it!

A Baby Monitor. If you didn't have one before, you need to get one now! Purchase a system with two monitors and a split screen to keep an eye on both kiddos. Rather than fork over $350 for a monitor, we bought this Foscam security camera, routed it through our Wifi and purchased an app for our iPhones and iPad. It cost about $100 for 2 cameras and apps.

A Baby Carrier. There are going to be times when older sibling needs your attention (and hands) and you are also dealing with a fussy babe. Enter the baby carrier. It's also excellent for dates at the playground! I love my Moby and my ErgoBaby.

Big Diaper Bag. Your cute purse-like diaper bag is just not going to cut it when you need to stuff diapers, outfits, bottles AND crayons, snacks, & games in there. I am in love with my Skip Hop Duo Double bag. It's slim enough to fit in the stroller, yet holds everything we need with lots of pockets. It's still pretty and I don't feel like I am carrying around a suitcase.

Double Stroller. I really struggled with the decision to buy a double stroller. I did a lot of baby-wearing with my first, and planned to do it a lot with my second child. Wow...I am so glad I bought one! We use our double stroller all the time. I love my Graco Ready2Grow stroller. There are TWELVE riding options. You absolutely must check this one out!

Rock n Play Sleeper. I recommend this product to everyone who is expecting a baby, but I never knew just how handy it was until our second arrived. The Rock n Play is a handy spot to lay your sweet babe and is elevated just enough for big sister/brother to interact (but not putting your newborn on the floor to be trampled!).

What product helped you out the most when adding baby 2 (or 3,4,5!) to your family? I would love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment