October 05, 2010

You're on My Side

There are many adjustments and compromises that couples must make in order to maintain a healthy marriage. One of them is sleep arrangements.

I am one of those "graceful sleepers" as my mother would put it. I just lay my head on the pillow, close my eyes, and I am asleep. When I wake up in the morning, I am in the same spot as I was when I fell asleep. My one little corner of bed remains neat and making the bed is simple-all I have to do is fold the covers back up-no tucking necessary! 

Ben is a different story. I have come to learn that he is a "sound sleeper". Ok whatever, he is violent in his sleep. He thrashes around like he's fighting something, constantly stealing my covers and ALWAYS on "my side". He claims it's because he "likes to cuddle" but I don't equate kicking with cuddling. The worst part is that he has no idea that he does it, and denies it when I confront him about it. I am just looking to claim what is rightfully mine.
I thought a little bit of evidence might help my case:

As you can plainly see, he has completely vacated his side and migrated over to mine, stretching in a diagonal, making it impossible for me to gain even partial control. I can fit my upper body, but my legs will be subject to bruising. Also, please take note of the covers that Ben has managed to cocoon around him, leaving me with mere inches to cover. The floral duvet cover you see in the floor is supposed to lay across our feet. Yeah right.


<Sigh> Maybe going to night shift won't be so bad...at least I will get a few days of sleep alone. Meanwhile, I am hanging on to the edge.


2 comments:

  1. hahaah ooooh coyote. this was a funny post. i hate to say i am more like ben and brandon is more like you though. one night as i was dreaming, i accidently karate chopped him in the adam's apple! oops!

    ReplyDelete