February 16, 2011

# Holiday # Recipes

...and more Love

I am not a romantic person at all. I appreciate thoughtfulness, but not a bouquet  of flowers just because it's V-Day. Ben knows this. 
And he is learning : )
We enjoyed a date night out (long overdue) this weekend to Ted's Montana Grill and to see the movie No Strings Attached. Both were quite enjoyable!
On Valentine's Day, Ben had to work all day. I got up after he had already left, and stumbled into the kitchen for some coffee when I discovered this:

I won't reveal the entire card, but this is what part of it said:

So in my head, I'm thinking 'Great...something to tempt me and throw me off my diet"

But my wonderfully thoughtful hubby had an idea!

A man who knows the way to my heart : )

I spent the day cleaning the house and preparing a wonderful dinner. It was my first time ever grilling on a charcoal grill...and something I don't think I will do very often. What a mess!
These are my filets marinating:

I also made Red Velvet Cupcakes for dessert (I know, I know...so much for the diet)


I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday with the people you love!

1 comment:

  1. Katie and I saw No Strings Attached on Saturday. I loved it. Does your balloon say "Congratulations"? Like the one Ashton Kutcher gives to Natalie Portman? :)

    Also, I can't believe it's been 4 years since Laurel came to be part of your family! Man how time flies!

    ReplyDelete