February 11, 2011

# Fitness # Recipes

Fitness Friday

I have decided to dedicate a weekly blog post to my new fitness goals. I will blog about the good and bad- recipes, workout routines, and tips!


The Weight Watchers system has definitely worked for me before, and I was excited to launch this program again to achieve my weight loss goals and adapt a healthier lifestyle. Because I have used this program before, I have many of the books and point slider guides so I know what I'm eating. I have also discovered a Weight Watchers support network that has lots of great recipes, point values for dining out, and supportive articles! Check it out here.
Of course, if you want to actually join, the online program costs about $17.95 monthly and comes with lots of tools and phone apps! You can also check out a local meeting for free!


The biggest challenge I am having with the points system is my work schedule (imagine that!). The daily point allowance is tricky when my day lasts for 24 hours! My exhaustion at work is usually cured by a little snack-just keep myself busy by eating! NOT a good habit, but I am starting to figure out how to manage this.


Fitness- I did Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred workout video this morning. It was actually challenging for other reasons than the cardio. Rowen thought me doing jumping jacks was a signal for *play time* and really got excited when I got down on the floor to do some ab work wrestle with her. I managed to get through the whole video while almost knocking Rowen in the head with my hand weights. Sigh....we will have to work on this.






Food- My new(ish) favorite discovery is my homemade "Egg McMuffin". 
I use: 
Thomas' Light English muffin
Parkay spray butter
Egg Beaters Whites
Nonfat Cheese

Put the egg beaters in a microwave safe bowl. I like to use one that has a small round part at the bottom so my egg will fit on my english muffin. I microwave for about 1min, 30 sec.
Spray your toasted english muffin with some spray butter and top with egg beater, pepper (if you like), and cheese!
Points Value= 3

I love this for a quick breakfast to go. It carries the same points value as a bowl of cereal, but you get some great protein too.
 You can add Canadian bacon, but it will increase the points value by 1-2

I'm excited to see what next week will bring and how I manage my snacking at work, and getting Rowen to cooperate while I exercise!


          

1 comment:

  1. LOL. I loved the part about Rowen thinking jumping jacks was play time. I did this workout video (and need to get back to it) and learned that Sally thinks my yoga mat is her bed. Not cool.

    ReplyDelete