March 21, 2011

# Work

Exciting News!

I bet you thought I was going to announce something super exciting like a new house or pregnancy. Nope! But...at this stage in my life, this is what I get excited about...

I am moving to day shift!
The good news: Same hospital, Same unit, Same type of work...just 7am-7pm rather than 7pm-7am.
The downer: I don't quite know when the move will happen. My manager has to hire and orient somebody to fill my night position, so it may be quite a few weeks. Also, this isn't any closer to my dream of having evenings, weekends, and holidays home...BUT I do get to sleep next to hubby every night and my life can resume some type of normalcy. 

I am super excited for this opportunity, but I am truly going to miss my night shift peers. There is something about nights that brings people closer together. I have made friends with some great people over the last few months, and shift-change catch up will not be enough. Hopefully, I can coordinate some time outside of work to hang out with these ladies. 

In the meantime, I will remain 100% dedicated to my night shift and make the best of the time I have with them. (But of course, secretly be SO excited I don't have to deal with the 6am Motrin rounds!)

3 comments:

  1. You're sooo cute! We will definately miss you on nights but I think we all understand the need for sunshine! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! This is great news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to miss you!!!!! :) I am so happy for you! Maybe now you and Ben can work on a baby :)

    ReplyDelete