March 17, 2011

# Friends

An Irish Blessing

I am maybe 1/16th Irish. I don't get super excited about St. Patrick's Day. I like green, so that's always fun. (Although I am working tonight and our scrubs are all blue...)
What I always think about when St. Patty's Day rolls around is a choir I was in throughout middle school and high school. Georgia Regional Girls Choir is a girls choir separate of school and church. In my 7 years of membership, I formed some amazing bonds with the girls and our director. We traveled together (including Italy!!) and held concerts in venues and street corners. GRGC was a huge part of my high school life.
The GRGC "theme" song is "The Irish Blessing". At the end of every biannual concert, current members and alumni join to sing this anthem-it is an amazing feeling to sing with them again and I try to make it to as many concerts as I can.



So, for me, St. Patrick's Day is not all about drinking and green leprechauns and kissing people. It makes me think of the friendships made and the memories created while in Georgia Regional Girls Choir.



"The Blessing" from our Spring Fling 2003 CD: 
(Sorry about the random pictures-had to make a video to upload an mp3)

1 comment: