March 25, 2011

# Fitness # Food

Fitness Friday

Well here we are again...
I've got to say I was a little disappointed with my weight loss number this week. I know I have to be realistic-I'm not going to lose 2 pounds every week-but I have been super focused on counting my points and watching my portions this week. I know exactly what would boost my weight loss (and metabolism)- exercise! The question is-when?
Yup, back to the night shift problem. One night of work affects 2 days, so by the end of the week, I'm all out of time! I love going to Zumba classes at my gym, but they offer them on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. So, if I work Monday and Wednesday nights (which I typically do), I can't go! One more reason why day shift just makes so much sense : )








I have thought about running. My neighborhood is great for it, and the weather has warmed up quite a bit. But guess what? I hate running. Always have. Believe me, I have tried to enjoy it...but maybe I should try again?
Sorry for the ramblings today- I am using this post as a brainstorm for exercise ideas. I am going to leave you with a tasty WW recipe:




Parmesan-Thyme Popcorn

Need: 
1/4 C grated Parmesan cheese (fresh is always best)
1 tsp ground thyme
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp table salt
8 cups air popped popcorn (plain), hot
Cooking Spray

Directions:
Mix cheese, thyme, garlic powder and salt in a small bowl. Spray popcorn with a few sprays of the cooking spray. Toss cheese mixture into the popcorn. Delish!
2 cups/serving= 2 points 


No comments:

Post a Comment