November 25, 2011

# Junebug

JUNEBUG!

Ben and I are thrilled to announce that we will become a family of 3 in June! I cannot describe the amount of love and support we have received from family and friends. The questions have been pouring in, so I thought I would take advantage of our blog to answer them all at once!

When are you due/How many weeks are you? - Our official due date is June 11, and I am currently 11 weeks and 4 days along.

How long have you known?!- When we began announcing to family, we had known for 7 weeks (so I was 11 weeks along)! Yes, it was very difficult to keep our secret from everyone, but it was so special to reveal our news in a unique way to each set of parents, our friends, and our coworkers. I loved the individual reactions we got (although many were already suspicious, so they weren't all that 'surprised')

How are you feeling?- I am feeling pretty good. I have had occasional nausea, but mostly it's related to a food aversion. I have found that once I eat a certain meal, I really can't even think about eating it again, so Ben and I have become very creative with our menu! Fatigue has been my worst enemy throughout first trimester...I become exhausted doing small tasks and have to rest frequently. It's especially difficult at work-those 13 hour days can wear anyone out!

Are you going to find out the gender?- NOPE! This response has surprised a lot of people because I am so 'Type A'. I know...the nursery, clothes, baby equipment, etc. will all be gender-neutral. To me, that's perfect-I want to be able to reuse some of this (expensive) stuff for the next Baby F. And...we just think it's a fun surprise! We came up with the name 'Junebug' to refer to the baby until the big day!

And because I already think s/he is so precious, I have to share this picture: (8 weeks)

The white dot next to the head is the yolk sac, NOT another baby!

3 comments:

  1. Andrea,
    I am so excited for yall! I know you will both make great parents! I can't wait to meet baby f! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Junebug is so precious! Pregnancy is such a spectacular time of life. Take lots of belly pictures and cherish every moment of this amazing miracle taking place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What terrific news! Congratulations to you and Ben!

    ReplyDelete