January 15, 2012

# Home # Home Improvement

Nursery: Where to Start?

Paint! Of course. OK, back up: first we need to find a bedding set so we can color coordinate.

Is this a joke? I feel like I am being punished because we aren't finding out our baby's gender. In my many many searches for gender neutral bedding, I came across 2 categories:

                              Exhibit A: The Teddy Bear/Jungle/Cartoon bedding:
                                          Just not the look we are going for

Exhibit B: The Designer bedding:
Although a gorgeous option, this beautiful set retails at $480
which includes the crib sheet, bumper, and crib skirt

So I was feeling pretty discouraged about my options. I know...newborns do not care what they sleep in (which is why I'm not forking over $500!) but as with any room in the house, I want to decorate it nicely. I also plan on using this nursery for Baby #2 (down the road), so I want something that I can live with for a while.

Around Christmas, I was at JoAnn Fabrics with my family, and I stumbled across some beautiful fabric. After discovering it was on sale, my Mom bullied me into buying every last bit they had. I was excited about my purchase, but overwhelmed because I don't sew.
Thankfully, Ben's Grandma Starr has graciously offered her sewing talents to help us out!

                                
                            I love this fabric! Lots of options to bring in other colors

My Mom made this-a nursery Christmas gift!
(It's a dry-erase board)

OK, not nursery related, but I have to include this:
My Mom made this too-a cocoon and hat for Junebug!

I can't wait to watch the nursery come together!


1 comment:

  1. Will steal some ideas thanks for posting your journey with the nursery. Found this on google.

    ReplyDelete