February 26, 2013

# Cloth Diapers # Products

A Few of My Favorite Things {Cloth Edition}

Back for another Favorite Things series! This time, it's all things cloth diapers.



Favorite Website: Sweetbottoms. This website is an excellent resource! They have just about every cloth diaper brand and type you can imagine, plus other natural products! The reviews are super helpful and shipping is always free. What more do you need?! A registry? They've got that, too!


Favorite All-Around Diaper: (This is starting to sound like high school superlatives...) BumGenius 4.0 Pocket. This is a great basic diaper. I prefer velcro because it's easier to put on a squirmy baby. These dipes are super absorbent and come in cute colors! ($17.95 per diaper)



Favorite Budget Diaper: Kawaii One-Size. Look familiar? These are basically a BumGenius knockoff. They work just as well, except the laundry tabs are becoming worn, so they stick together in the washing machine. But at $9.75 per dipe, it's a great solution for cloth diapering on a budget!



Favorite Detergent: Rockin' Green. I must admit that this is the only detergent I've tried. I think I'm too nervous to try anything else because...if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
My wash routine: rinse cycle on cold, then regular wash with 2 scoops of Rockin' Green on hot (with extra rinse). My dipes come out clean and shiny!



Favorite Wetbag: Planet Wise Wetbag. A great solution for storing used diapers between washes! No smell, easy to wash, and cute patterns. You can't go wrong with these!

Favorite Rash Cream: Grandma El's. It seems like diaper rashes are rare with cloth diapers, but in case the babe's bum gets a little red, slather on some Grandma El's! Regular diaper rash creams (like Desitin) are a no-go with cloth because it can cause build-up!

There you have it-my favorite things for cloth diapering!


Now, let's get real: I choose to cloth diaper my little P because it works for my family. It can be a lot of work, and it can consume your life if you let it. The trick is to know when to take a break. I would like to think I will always CD my kiddos, but the moment it becomes too overwhelming and it's taking away precious time with my family, it will end (at least temporarily). 
I feel this applies to a lot of things: We always want to provide the best for our family, but if "the best" is taking away our time with them, we need to make a change. 

 
 

1 comment:

  1. I think it's amazing you use cloth diapers! I wish I had your enthusiasm/patience/will/determination!

    ReplyDelete