December 09, 2013

# Milestones # Peyton

18 Months

They all warned me. They told me this would happen.
"Time flies by"
"Enjoy her now-it goes by fast"

I listened, but was never able to fully realize just how fast time goes by until I was living in it. I blinked and my newborn is 18 months old. Seriously, how did that happen?!


 Day to Day:
Peyton sleeps about 7:30pm-7:30am with one (~2 hour) nap during the day. She is still a great eater, although I am having to get a little creative with veggies. I can always sneak them in with mac n cheese, or give her a chicken pot pie to eat :)
Our Junebug has 11 (almost 12) teeth to chew all that food!


Favorites:
Oh goodness-our girl just LOVES technology. She can easily navigate my iPhone and enjoys playing games and looking at pictures (of herself of course).
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse has become a new favorite (like, this week) and I love that it can buy me at least 20 minutes.
Peyton is ready to read a book all the time, and loves blocks, shape sorter, legos and anything she can open/close or put a lid on/off.


 Skills:
Time for me to brag on my child. She is one smart cookie.
Peyton can identify 20+ letters...I mean everywhere we go, she is pointing out letters she recognizes. She loves it.
Little Miss can recite her numbers (in order) 1-10 and actually understands when there are 2 objects.  "BOOKS! Yonnn, Twoo"
She knows most of her colors (and her favorite is purple)
We have to really watch what we say because Peyton has become a parrot-repeating everything  (and quite articulate too!).
It's amazing what she picks up by watching us/listening to us talk!

Don't worry...it's an empty container!
Peyton is really turning into an affectionate and nurturing toddler. She gives kisses and hugs freely and exclaims "BESS YOU!" to anyone who sneezes.
Cousin love

She loves her Rowen
Oh Peyton Caroline,
What a blessing you are to us! Your spunky & goofy personality is so entertaining and you surprise us with something new every single day. Your gentle, kind heart and genuine concern for others makes us so proud. You will make a wonderful big sister (or nurse!) one day. Keep smiling sweet girl. We love you!

Mommy & Daddy






No comments:

Post a Comment