July 24, 2014

# Budget # Family

Change is a Good Thing

A few weeks ago, I posted about some changes that were coming our way. (I mean...besides a new family member!) Here's an update:

Home Refinance: We closed on our refinance last week, and the process went so smoothly! I could not be more thankful for this change because it will really allow us to achieve some important financial goals.


Work Changes: I have been offered/officially accepted a new position at work. My new job title is Anchor Nurse-basically it's like a charge nurse for the nursery. I won't have assigned patients; rather, I will be responsible for the overall care of all newborns on our unit. Anchor nurses also perform the initial assessment on brand new babies. I have been working towards securing this position in the last few years, so I am really excited about achieving this goal!
Another huge change...I am going back to nights! Yikes...I know, it seems crazy after I couldn't wait to get on day shift. However, I will be going part time so this involves working 2 nights per week (from 7pm-7am).
It will definitely be an adjustment for everyone, but I truly think this is the best decision for our growing family.



On the Home: We are diligently working on Peyton's big girl room and I hope to have it ready in the next 2 weeks. For now, we plan to move her crib into the new room because I am hanging on to crib sleeping as long as I can. I need Peyton contained so I can rest during naps (for night shift work and a new baby!). I would also like to get this kiddo potty trained before Bean arrives. More to come on these things :)

Sneak Peek: Check out this gorgeous dresser I found at a local antique place

I am truly feeling blessed with the changes that are coming our way! Check back soon to see how we are handling things :)


No comments:

Post a Comment