January 12, 2011

Brrrrr!!

Are you guys as cold as I am? Wow, I have never in my life experienced snow like this! 
I had to work last Sunday night, so I packed a bag for our "Code White"- a term the hospital uses when we have inclement weather. Basically, we are expected to be at work no matter what, so many of my coworkers have been sleeping at the hospital day & night. I can't imagine. The snow started falling Sunday night and didn't stop. I actually saw a snow plow in the hospital parking lot! By Monday morning, I was so ready to go home. I had packed a bag just in case I got completely stuck at work, but intended to at least try to go home. As I listened to weather reports, it seemed that it would only get worse. What was now powdery white stuff would soon be covered with layers of ice. Hmm...I opted to drive in the powdery white stuff. It took me an hour to get home (a commute that normally takes 20 minutes) but I slid (literally) into my driveway and up to bed! And the snow kept falling, then turned to ice. Booo. I have to work again tonight and tomorrow night-the drive to work should be interesting!
As cool as it is that we actually have snow in Georgia, I am over it. I'm ready for warmer weather (can you tell by my blog background?!) and an uneventful drive to work. 
It is pretty though!


Our backyard

Patio Table

Oops! Where did my feet go?

Measures at 6-7"

McFarland Road= my road to work : (

Back of our house 

Neighborhood streets

Neighborhood snowman

And another

Video of Ben "playing" with the snow. Not exactly powdery & soft...




Stay warm, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment