January 07, 2011

What's in a name?

Well, friends...I have finally begun the process of changing my name!
Wow...slacker. Yes, I know it's been 7 months, but I have good excuses (note: I said excuses, not reasons):

1. We didn't take our "real" honeymoon until August. The trip was booked in my [maiden] name. So, really, I couldn't change it until after that.

2. To be honest, it's a sense of loss. I've had this name for 24 years. Ben and I even (playfully) toyed with the idea of combining our names.
                    Cariota + Furman = Carman
Ben didn't like this idea. "Why would your name get to be first?" Ok then
                    Cariota + Furman = Furiota?  Really Ben?
No, really... even though it feels different, I am completely embracing becoming a Furman.

3. Changing your name is confusing! And quite a process!

4. The social security office is realllly far away! I thought I could do this by mail, but I wanted to be sure. Every time I called, I sat on hold for 15 minutes, then got disconnected. Grrrr

OK, those are my excuses, but.... FINALLY! Today, I got through to the SS office and turns out, I can send it in by mail. Awesome
So here it is folks:


I have been on the lookout for a really cool cursive "F" for my signature. I don't like the typical cursive F-it's ugly. I have googled it without much luck. Any ideas?              


No comments:

Post a Comment