March 18, 2014

# Products

Beauty Products for Real People

I have never had an extensive beauty routine, but now that I'm a Mom, my day to day routine has become really abbreviated!
I have also discovered that I don't have to splurge on beauty products for good quality.

Here are a few 'steals' that are just as good (if not better!) than the splurge:

Hair Care:


I am an Aveda lover for sure, but my wallet doesn't agree! I made the switch to Organix shampoo and I am loving it! Organix products are sulfate free, so my hair stays moisturized.

A) Aveda Shampoo & Conditioner Set: $35
B) Organix Shampoo & Conditioner Set: $17
  Bottom line: Save $18

This was one switch I was really surprised about! After admiring a friend's wavy locks, she confessed that she had been using her boyfriend's LA Looks gel. I was intrigued. This product gives my naturally wavy hair awesome hold with a fresh look.

A) Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer Gel: $23
B) L.A. Looks Nutra Curl: $2.99
    Bottom Line: Save $20

Makeup:

 I have been a Bare Minerals girl for years, but I cringe every time I have to pay for it. The price isn't outrageous (especially compared to other foundation!) but when a friend told me about Neutrogena Mineral Sheers, I was very excited! Neutrogena provides the same coverage as Bare Minerals with that familiar loose powder application. I love it...and so does my wallet!

A) Bare Minerals Foundation: $27
B) Neutrogena Mineral Sheers: $12
   Bottom Line: Save $15



Oh...The great mascara debate! Some people claim there is a noticeable difference in the brand and would never switch to a "cheaper" mascara. I actually notice that my cheaper product seems to last longer, and doesn't result in smudging.

A) Lancome Hypnose Mascara: $27
B) Maybelline Colossal Volume: $7
   Bottom Line: Save $20

Have you been doing the math? That's $73 in savings! Think of the things you could buy...like a full mani/pedi ;)

I would love to know if any of  you have made a switch to a cheaper (better!) product and love it!

2 comments:

  1. 'Friend'? I'm a sister, lady ;) I do love some Neutrogena foundation too. Love posts like these! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you are a sister! Love you!

    ReplyDelete