March 28, 2014

# Family # Five on Friday

Five on Friday






I am venturing out a little today to brag on the hubby. It's not his birthday; we aren't celebrating an anniversary. This is "just because". Because it's been a rough month for me (first trimester woes) and I have been relying on him more than ever!

So here are 5 things I love about my husband:

ONE. He has the patience of a Saint.
I have always known that Ben was a patient person, but it became more evident to me when he became a Father. He takes things in stride and rarely loses his temper. I rely on him a lot to handle things I become frustrated with easily.


TWO. He provides for our family.
Although we both have careers outside of the home, Ben's job occupies 5 days of his week. But he doesn't stop there. He stays busy on his evenings and weekends completing his to-do list. I can't imagine how hard it must be to balance all-day responsibilities of work (and promotions) then come home to manage a house!

THREE. He helps out around the house.
I know this may seem silly, but what a huge difference it makes for me! He cooks, he cleans, he fixes things. He even stuffs cloth diapers :)


FOUR. He is a cutie.
For that 1% (Ok, maybe 5%) of the time when he's annoying me, being good looking really helps!
We recently celebrated our 11-year "dating" anniversary (and by 'celebrated' I mean sent each other a text). I think back to those simpler times when I thought I could not love him anymore. But y'all...it just gets better and better!

FIVE. He is an amazing Father.
I don't just mean that he plays with Peyton and loves her. That's a given. For us, parenthood is a partnership. We make decisions together, and we discipline in the same way. When I have to work on weekends, I love that I don't have to explain P's schedule, or her likes & dislikes, what she can eat, etc. He knows her as well as I do.


Until next week!

Link up!

No comments:

Post a Comment