January 27, 2015

# BugBean # Eliza

Thoughts On {Growing Family}

Making the decision to add to our family was not one we took lightly, yet it was almost "expected". We knew that we wanted to have more than one child, and that we preferred them to be somewhat closely spaced. I knew adding a family member would have a huge impact on our family, so I began preparing Peyton very early on.
We read books, watched shows, and talked nonstop about what it was like to be a big sister. Towards the end of my pregnancy, the guilt set in. Peyton's life was about to be turned upside down. It would change, and in mostly negative ways for her. Of course babies are hard work, but Ben and I would get a lot out of this-a new bundle of joy! What would Peyton get out of having a newborn in the house? I knew that someday she would love having a sibling, but just would not be able to appreciate it right away.

I. Was. Wrong.

My sweet Peyton has enjoyed being a sister from Day 1. I mean truly enjoyed. The pure love and adoration I see on her face when she's interacting with Eliza will absolutely melt your heart. She begs to wake her up, to hold her, and to play with her. I constantly catch her singing to her or telling her "You're the sweetest baby!" And the feeling is mutual. Eliza already looks up to her big sister, and smiles any time she's around Peyton.

Daily request in our house: cuddling in bed in the morning, then playing in the rocking chair.




I'm so happy Peyton proved me wrong :)


No comments:

Post a Comment