April 07, 2011

# About Me # Family

Meet the Furmans: Part I

Ben suggested I write a few posts about our family: About Us! So here it goes...

Hi, I'm Andrea-blogger of 'Happily Ever After'. I live in a suburb north of Atlanta and have been here in Alpharetta for 14 years. I love my little (growing) town and really can't imagine living anywhere else. In our house hunt, we are looking within 10-15 miles of Alpharetta. 

Work: I have my Bachelor's of Science in Nursing and I am a Mother/Baby RN at a hospital very close to my house (I just love the commute!). Right now, I work from 7pm-7am three nights per week. As I have mentioned in many prior posts, working nights definitely puts a lot of strain on my life. I can't wait to move to a day shift position (hopefully by the end of May). 
I have finally figured out exactly what I want to do as a Nurse Practitioner, but I don't think it exists. : / My dream job would be to work as an NP in an OB office, where I see women prenatally and postpartum, as well as perform well-baby check-ups on newborns up to 6-8 weeks old. I could work during the week and have every weekend & holiday OFF! I love working with this population, and am searching for a way to do this as a Nurse Practitioner.

Hobbies: Ha! Who really has time for that with the schedule I keep?! On my days off, I enjoy spending time at the dog park with Rowen (more on her later). I have come to enjoy spending time in my kitchen and trying out new recipes. And I spend a lot of time cleaning up after, um...the rest of the family. Honestly, I cherish just being able to spend an evening at home with Ben watching Netflix movies! I love to travel and wish I had the funds to do it more often.

TV: Shows I always have on my DVR: Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, American Idol and Modern Family. Tosh.O cracks me up and I love reruns of The First 48 and Law & Order: SVU.

My Family: I was an only child for 16 years until Maya came home from Kazakhstan at 10 months old. This was such a dream for me to be a big sister and I embrace it fully. In 2007, we welcomed home Laurel from China at 3 1/2 and now, I am blessed to have 2 little sisters who mean the world to me! I enjoy spending time with my parents and sisters.





No comments:

Post a Comment