April 19, 2011

# Family # Pets

Meet the Furmans: Part IV



Hello! I am 'Sandspur's Maiden Voyage on High Seas' but you can call me Rowen : ) 
I was originally brought home to be a conformation show dog, but an eye defect kept me out of the ring. After spending much of my puppyhood in the Cariota house, I came to live with Andrea & Ben. We are still working on calling them 'Mom & Dad'.


Work: I have completed Level I Obedience training and I can sit, stay, heel, down, and COME- this is the most important one I have discovered. If I don't obey this one, I get put back on the leash. I will begin Level II obedience this week, then I get to compete against other dogs. Most common words I know: walk, park, eat, leash, shoes, outside, potty, big potty, Jack, nap, night night and mat. 


Hobbies: My favorite thing to do is go to the dog park...but I couldn't care less about the other dogs- I am just so excited all of those people came to pet me and give me attention. My adoring fans : )
I love going on walks and meeting new friends in the neighborhood. Although I am technically a golden retriever, I don't 'retrieve' or 'fetch' or whatever else you may call it. If you want the ball, go get it yourself. Why did you throw it in the first place?


TV: I love watching The Animal Planet...and I can't miss the annual Puppy Bowl! I like to watch dog shows too-someday you might see my cousin: 'Goldruls Let's Get Suri-Yes' or Suri for short. She's a young pup but has already taken home some blue ribbons.


Family: I live here at home with Andrea & Ben (er...Mom & Dad) and the squeaky toy named Mustang. I just love going over to my old house to visit my brother and litter mate, Jack and to teach Suri the ways of the world. I like it here and think I will stay ; )

3 comments:

  1. LOL! Sally, our black lab, has the same mentality about balls. Kinda. She'll only fetch it once or twice and then she's over it.

    ReplyDelete