October 21, 2012

# Family # Holiday

Pumpkin Patch

On Saturday, we took Peyton to her first pumpkin patch! I am all about family traditions, especially around the holidays, so it's these little things that are important to me.

After Aunt Maya's soccer game, we headed to Berry Patch Farms to partake in fall festivities like hay rides and pumpkins! I love this farm, and every year they seem to grow!

Maya is enjoying her ice cream...not exactly a fall treat
 

Walking towards the patch

Once in the pumpkin patch, the photo shoot began. I was so excited to get some of P sitting with the pumpkins. Peyton, however, was way more interested in her feet. The minute we sat her down, she began staring at them, and wouldn't look up! I got about 10 pictures like this...

"Oh look, my friends!"
 
Poppi was a thinker and handed her a Peyton-sized pumpkin, which helped a lot! I still wasn't crazy about the lighting. We were there around 5pm, so the sun was in a weird spot, casting shadows everywhere.


I was so focused on the pictures, I almost forgot to pick out a pumpkin! After our hayride back to the barn, we walked around a bit more. I found my friend (& coworker), Haley, who volunteers her time at the farm. She painted a pumpkin on Peyton's face.

P fell asleep in the Moby...again!
 
The girls played on an old tractor...perfect photo op

Laurel and her buddy

Maya-photogenic as always
 
Showing off her pumpkin

Family picture

Since I wasn't really pleased with the lighting at the farm, I decided to snap a few pictures when we got home. I somehow managed to capture this (lighting was PERFECT!):


 I'll take it!

I hope everyone enjoys seasonal & holiday traditions with family! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment