October 06, 2012

# Junebug # Milestones

The Line That Changed My Life

There are very few moments in life that I vividly remember as "life changing". Being accepted to nursing school, Ben proposing, and our wedding day are some of the moments that stick out in my mind. 
Finding out that I was going to become a Mommy tops them all.

October 6, 2011: I was on my way home from getting a spray tan for my brother-in-law's wedding. I stopped by the store to pick up a few things, and as I passed by the home pregnancy test section, I shrugged and picked one up. Ben and I had recently discussed starting a family-we were comfortable in our careers, had just bought a house, and figured it would be a good time to try. I assumed it would take a few months or maybe even a year...
After I got home, I casually went upstairs to take the test. (Ben was playing golf). I laid it on the back of the toilet and actually forgot it was there. I went about my day...laundry, I think. After about 10 minutes I realized I never checked the results. I glanced at the test stick as I walked to the trash can to throw it away...and something caught my eye. TWO LINES! WHAT?! My hands began shaking. My mind was racing. Rowen stared at me as I frantically paced around the house yelling "TWO LINES!" 


 I took 4 tests...just to be sure!


I had to wait FOUR hours for Ben to get home. We had lots of family in town (staying for the wedding) and as everyone sat down to eat lunch, I paced around, waiting for an opportunity to tell Ben. Finally, he went upstairs to take a shower, and I cornered him. I was so shocked, I didn't even think about telling him in a special way-I just handed him the test. His response? "No way." and "Do you think it's a boy or girl?"


Two days after I found out! 
(We were surrounded by family, but kept our secret until I was 12 weeks along!)

Every day, Ben and I marvel at our little miracle. What did we do to become so blessed? How did God choose us to be parents to our precious Junebug? I'm sure glad He did!

Our first glimpse

Our miracle
 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment