June 20, 2014

# Family # Five on Friday

Five on Friday: Happy Birthday Momma!

Today my Mom is celebrating her birthday! It's a milestone birthday...let's call it 30 ;)

My Mom is an amazing woman, and I wanted to give her a little love on the blog-Five on Friday style!






{ONE} She is adventurous.
My Mom has many interests and isn't afraid to try something new! Almost every time we talk, I hear all about the new project she's working on. If this lady opened an Etsy store, it would contain a hodge-podge of well crafted items! Some of my fondest vacation memories are of my Mom and I exploring areas of Mexico that are off the beaten path, asking for directions in our limited Spanish & sign language!


 {TWO} She's passionate.
These hobbies and projects are never partly researched or completed! My Mom has such passion for almost everything she does. From dog ownership & breeding to finding the best kitchen floor cleaner, you can guarantee she has researched it fully...and created an Excel spreadsheet about it :)


{THREE} She's a giver.
She gives so much of her time and energy, never asking for anything in return. I often have to remind her to make time for herself and to do something for HER! She puts others' needs way ahead of hers, and doesn't think twice about doing something that could make someone else happy.


{FOUR} She's a loving Nonna.
It was so amazing to see my Mom become a grandmother. I wasn't sure how she would handle that life-changing milestone, but it was love at first sight for her! (She is also an excellent Nonna to her Mud puppies!)


{FIVE} She's a cool Mom.
I never knew how important that would be until I became a mother! It's so easy to lose your identity in parenthood, and get caught up in doing "what's best". My Mom has always balanced the discipline side with a fun-loving, adventurous and cool aspect of parenting :)


It makes her a pretty cool mother-in-law too!

Have a wonderful birthday, Mom! You deserve a great day!!


1 comment:

  1. Hah! You know your momma well. :) Happy birthday to her.

    ReplyDelete