June 23, 2014

# Budget # Parties

Mickey Mouse Head: Tutorial

Leave it to Pinterest to get my mind going with ideas for Peyton's birthday party!

 My Inspiration

After seeing this picture, I knew I wanted to recreate it! I asked the advice of a crafty coworker on how to go about completing this project, and was surprised at how EASY it was! Honestly, I am not the craftiest person. I have good intentions, but I usually can't carry out my ideas...either from lack of patience or talent!

I loved this project: Simple, CHEAP, and made a big impact :)

~I found the perfect wrapping paper at Target. I would suggest any simple pattern...or probably plain paper would work, too!

~For the head, I kept the length of the paper, and cut it about 3 ft wide. The larger piece of paper you have, the fewer pieces you will need to attach together. 

~Accordion fold the paper length-wise


~Fold your accordion-folded paper in half


~Fan it out, then attach the ends using staples

~This made a semi-circle, so repeat the process for the other half, then attach the two!



~For the ears: Repeat the process, using about 1/2 as much paper and folding it along the shorter end. You may be able to create a full circle without piecing them together, since the ears are smaller!

I just LOVE how it turned out!



3 comments:

  1. My friend Ashley forwarded me this blog post because we are about to throw my son a Mickey Mouse themed party for his 2nd birthday. This is SUCH a cute idea that I am definitely going to use! Random question - what did you use to attach to walls??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Thanks for reading :)
      This was my favorite craft because it was super easy and cheap. That's a great question, and I struggled with how to attach to the walls, too! I have to give my husband credit...he thought of using white finishing nails and nailed into the wall. We had our party in the garage, so that was acceptable. If you are hanging indoors, possibly some command stickies or tape for cleaner removal. The head can be heavy so it should be something that is strong.
      I would love to see how it turns out!

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I bought some command hooks the other day so that is probably what I will do! I will let you know how it goes! :)

      Delete