November 03, 2010

# Date Night

Cheap Date Night

As newlyweds, Ben and I are always trying to come up with fun & interesting date nights that won't completely blow our savings. Most of these nights turn out to be a Netflix rental and some chinese food, or Monday night football with homemade pizza. I do miss actually going out to a movie sometimes, but those dates are SO expensive. After movie tickets and popcorn & candy (because, please...the best part of the movie experience is the popcorn and candy), we end up spending around $50! And that's without dinner.
So...last night, Ben had the opportunity to watch a film on campus as extra credit for one of his classes. He asked me to meet him there, and I was really dreading it at first (I mean, he is a history major). But, I decided to make the best of it. I picked up Panera (yum!) on my way to campus and we had dinner together in the University Center (so romantic, I know) then settled in (classroom stadium seating!) to watch The Battle of Algiers. The film was actually very enjoyable (although I could have done without the lecture before and after...) and we didn't leave campus until 11pm (it was like a real date night!)
Grand Total............................$17.00
I know- I can definitely do better than that. I am going to continue to challenge myself to find fun, cheap date nights. I love what one of my fellow bloggers did for her cheap date night.
I would love some ideas : )

2 comments:

  1. I know it doesn't help much, but I like to sneak candy and a bottle of water in a big purse...then you don't have to pay $20 just for snacks! I'll try to be on the look-out for cheap date ideas...it's so hard to come up with something creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I do the same thing at movies! We usually make a stop at a convenience store beforehand to load up. Ben makes fun of me though...

    ReplyDelete