November 29, 2010

Gobble Gobble

Ben and I had a *great* first Thanksgiving as Mr and Mrs! I had to work Monday and Tuesday night, and I was scheduled to work Thursday (Thanksgiving) night as well. Bummer. I was struggling with this because it's the first year that I've actually had to deal with being away from my family for the first real holiday. I knew our census would be low because patients typically try to have their baby before the holiday (decided by the patients & doctors). Our cancellation policy for the Holidays is on a lottery system. So...at 5pm on Thursday (just as I was sitting down to eat), I get the magical phone call that I was cancelled for the night! Hooray...what a special gift! Dinner was delish, and we even got to watch The Polar Express with the fam afterwards. I love that movie.


On Friday, we all gathered at Christa's house for our annual tradition of Peppermint Mocha's and Pee Wee's Christmas Special. Every time I watch this movie, I laugh more and more. It's completely ridiculous and hilarious. We got to spend lots of time with friends and celebrating Christa & David's engagement! Eeeee- I am super excited for them!!

On Saturday, we held our 3rd Annual The Ciwcle Thanksgiving dinner. "The Ciwcle"  is our group of work colleagues from the country club. (The name comes from the movie Chuck & Larry) We all have great fun together-summers include pool parties, Braves games, and Taco Mac. I think we are going to start a new "PJ Party" tradition this Christmas. Our <other> Thanksgiving dinner was awesome. I love sampling dishes from all different families. We had to bring in our patio table to accommodate everyone, and the seating arrangement was...umm, unique. One day, we will have a nice dining room and table : ) It was loud, hectic, and we all laughed a lot. Exactly what a family should be. I loved every minute of it. : )
Our Menu
Sitting down to eat
Ladies : )
Poor Keenan had to sit in a small chair


No comments:

Post a Comment