November 03, 2010

# Parties

Costume Party {First Annual}

Captain Jack Sparrow!
Ben and I love Halloween. I'm pretty sure this began around our freshman year of college when we dressed up as characters from The Pirates of the Caribbean. We won a costume contest that year (gift certificates to dinner & a movie!), which sparked a little competition and our interest to have "the best" costumes every year. Over the years, we have had our share of bad wigs, smeared face paint, bad homemade costumes, and one year, we had to actually cut Ben out of his costume! We were fortunate that my sorority had lots of themed date parties-where we got to dress up in character more than just once a year! One of my favorite Halloween date parties was in 2006- Our Tennessee VOLS had just slaughtered the GA Bulldogs (51-33) IN Athens. We have always been the victims of ridicule only because we grew up in Georgia, but went to school at UT. Basically, we are surrounded by Bulldog fans. So, what better way to celebrate our win over Georgia (and also the beginning of a horrible season for them) than by dressing up as "beat-up" Georgia players. The hardest part of this was having to buy Georgia gear. Blah!
Ben was a football player and I was a cheerleader
Best costumes ever!
 So, of course, this year (around mid-September), Ben and I began discussing our Halloween costumes and when our party would be!
I think the party was a great success, and next year will be even better. 

Menu:
Magic Wands:
Witch's Brew:
Vampire Punch:
Witch Fingers:

We had lots of great costumes. I didn't get nearly enough pictures, and have decided that my November resolution (why wait until January 1?) is to take more pictures. I'm pretty sure I make this resolution every year. Oh well!
The Mad Hatter, Alice, and The Cheshire Cat

Our outside decorations
Cowgirl & Witch

Characters from "The Watchmen"

US Border Patrol and a Cuban- LOVE IT

Mi Familia

Our Pumpkin-it's a bat

"Alice" falling down the rabbit hole
I think next year, Ben and I will be going back to making our own costumes. It's so much more fun when you get to piece together a costume.
Happy HALLOWEEN!



1 comment:

  1. Don't you mean your resolution will be blinding Ross's child?

    ReplyDelete