November 22, 2010

# Food

Pork Chop Recipe

I have never really been a huge fan of pork chops. I eat them every now and then, but it seems like they always taste the same to me- no real variation in flavor. I discovered this new recipe from my go-to recipe website, although I modified quite a bit. I have prepared meats before with a cracker-type coating, but it always ends up being a bit mushy. While the flavor of these pork chops is delish, I think the real trick is in the cooking time. I ended up with this:

Ingredients (serves 4)
4 pork chops
1 sleeve Ritz crackers
Lawry's (or other seasoning)
Garlic salt
Fresh ground pepper
2 eggs
1/2 stick butter

Directions
1) Preheat oven to 375
2) Crush Ritz crackers and add: Lawry's, Garlic Salt, and pepper, to taste. Place mixture in a shallow dish
3) Beat eggs in a shallow dish and set aside.
4) Dip pork chops in egg, then in cracker mixture. Place pork chops in casserole dish. (9X13 or smaller. I think they turn out best if the chops are touching)
5) Cut the butter in chunks and place around the chops
6) This is the important part: Cover casserole dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and flip the chops. Bake for additional 20 minutes, uncovered. Place oven on broil for 5 more minutes. (Total baking time= 45 minutes)

And now, if you are a visual person:

Dip chops in egg (looks gross, I know)

Cracker Mixture

Add chunks of butter to casserole dish

YUM! I served with roasted veggies and brown rice.






No comments:

Post a Comment