July 11, 2011

# Food # Milestones

When a Memphis Girl Marries a Yankee Boy

terrain: Peace Love and Barbecue

I was born and raised in Memphis; therefore, I am a barbecue snob. I'm not picky about most foods, but when it comes to BBQ, I won't eat anything less than Memphis quality. I converted Ben over to my side when I took him to The Rendezvous for the first time. He now appreciates the good stuff.  
So, last week we were at the grocery store and Ben decided he was going to try his hand at grilling some ribs. I thought he was crazy. But, once he gets an idea in his head, there is nothing I can do to convince him otherwise. So, after 3 days of researching the perfect dry rub, grilling method, and the best supplies...the process began. He asked me to keep this a secret from my parents and other Memphis family (it was a pretty lofty goal) until afterwards.

All spiced up

All the necessary supplies

The Grill Master

Halfway there!

He documented every step

YUM


For the record...this Yankee boy can cook some RIBS! I was pleasantly surprised-he gets my seal of approval!

2 comments:

  1. Wait...there's something missing from Ben's cooking process. I don't see any beer in these pictures. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I read his supply list. Much better.

    ReplyDelete