April 17, 2012

# Food # Recipes

Breakfast on the go!

I love breakfast-it is probably my favorite meal of the day.
On work days, I leave my house around 6:30am....which means my alarm goes off at 5:30am. I promptly get up snooze for a while, then rush around to get ready! I need something quick for breakfast-something I can eat in the car, and something that will last until I sit down for the first time at work, usually around 10:30am.

I used to toast an english muffin each morning, microwave some eggs, and add cheese. These proved to be time consuming and messy. I thought-surely there is a way to pre-make all of these and just warm them up! I was too nervous to try-afraid I would end up with soggy muffins or cold eggs-yuck! Enter Pinterest.

I sprayed my muffin tins, and cooked the eggs on 350 for 15 minutes

While the eggs were cooking, I toasted my english muffins (in the oven) then added some shredded cheddar

The egg is perfect muffin size

After assembly, I put the whole baking sheet in my freezer for about an hour. This allows them to give off some moisture. (No condensation)

I then wrapped them individually in foil...DONE!

To reheat: (I found this works great-no soggy muffin or cold egg!)

-Remove muffin from foil and wrap in a paper towel. Defrost for 1min 30sec, then turn the muffin over and cook for 30 seconds.

What a great solution to breakfast on the go! (p.s.-I used light english muffins with low carbs-my doc would be so proud!)


No comments:

Post a Comment