April 02, 2012

# Home Improvement # Junebug

Nursery Update

I just love that Ben has more time to do things around the house...the 40 hour work week certainly beats his old 60+ week!

I had to work this weekend, but Ben promised to "finish the nursery" while I was gone. I had to laugh at this, because we had not even started working on it. Let's just say he made a LOT of progress this weekend!

We began with some paint samples! I am notorious for getting 4 or 5 samples and staring at them for weeks. However, Ben insisted I choose quickly so he could get to work.
At first, I was really leaning towards the green, but our fabric has a lot of green in it, and I plan to accent with green, so I thought it would be a bit too much. We went with the khaki color on the right: Behr Pecan Sandie


Ben also had to patch part of the ceiling, and therefore had to paint it! I love the contrast of the bright white ceiling (rather than builder beige) with the wall paint


On Sunday, he spent the day assembling furniture. We opted to buy our pieces separately rather than as a room package for a variety of reasons:
-I wanted to have fun in this room, and thought that "matching" furniture would become boring-I decided to find coordinating pieces
-I did not want to buy a changing table, or "baby" dresser or some other item that Junebug will outgrow in the first year
-BUDGET!


For our crib, I found the DaVinci Jayden 4 in 1 (Espresso) to suit our needs perfectly. It converts from a crib to a toddler bed, then to a full size bed. We're not sure, yet, if we plan on keeping this a crib for future kids or if it will stay with Junebug...but overall a smart investment I think!
                               
                         Ben's best bud, Keenan-testing it out for us!

Finished!


For the dresser, we took a trip to my favorite place ever-IKEA! Ben was initially skeptical about buying an adult-sized dresser for little bug, but I assured him that we would use every bit of the space! Babies need a lot of supplies!

"Very tedious" Ben said

This is the Hemnes 8-drawer in Grey-Brown

I think the colors coordinate very nicely!
(I can't wait to reveal our plans for that corner wall)

Side table (also from Ikea)

What's left to finish the nursery:
-Crib mattress (any advice on this would be great!)
-Crib skirt/Valance/Quilt- Grandma Starr is busy working on these!
-Glider & Ottoman
-Accessorize & decorate
-Changing pad for dresser
-Junebug!


2 comments:

  1. ahh!! i would have totally chosen that khaki color too!! great minds, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that dresser from Ikea and Love it! haha my dad put it together for me and "very tedious" was among the many things he had to say about it!

    ReplyDelete