April 19, 2012

# Budget # Weekend

Garage Sale Finds

Let's face it: I am a very thrifty shopper. There are some things that I think are worth spending money on-things that are used daily and need to be of excellent quality. But when it comes to baby toys and clothes, I am all about the consignment stores and garage sales.
**Don't worry-I am very conscious about cleanliness and safety and would never purchase anything that could put my {future} child's health at risk**

Here are a few things that Ben and I found last weekend:

Bright Starts Activity Playmat
Store= $35
I paid $2


Drying Rack (for cloth diapers)
Store= $19
I paid $2


Changing Pad
Store=$27
I paid $3


Crane Humidifier
Store= $45
I paid $3


Rainforest Jumperoo (I actually registered for this exact one!)
Store= $110
I paid $20


Safety gates
Store= $16 each
I paid $3 for both


Rolling Garment Bag
Store=$60
I paid $5


Glider & Ottoman (Craigslist find)
Store= $175
I paid $80

WooHoo! Everything we bought was in perfect condition, like it had never even been used. Of course, the germaphobe in me will still be sanitizing and washing everything!

Total Savings= $385!!!


2 comments:

  1. Here is the link to a hilarious blog that I follow and she cloth diapers. I saw this post and thought it may be helpful to you??

    http://www.babyrabies.com/2012/04/cloth-diapering-greatest-hits-for-real-diaper-week-2012/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jess! What a great resource!

    ReplyDelete