May 31, 2012

# Junebug

38 Weeks

Today, I am 38 weeks and 3 days pregnant. Part of me cannot believe that we are already here-so close to meeting our little Junebug. But there are times that I think, how am I still pregnant?! I feel so blessed by this miracle!

We saw a midwife today-here is our update: I am now 2cm dilated and 70% effaced and that little head is moving down! Woo-hoo! Our CNM said we have "a good-sized baby" but we shouldn't really worry about a giant baby at this point. If I wanted to be induced next week, it would probably work out very well since my body is already sitting on go-ready for baby! In the meantime, operation induce-labor-naturally has begun!

38 Week Stats:

Size: Pumpkin! (Around 19 inches and 6-9 pounds)

New Development: Starting to lose the vernix from the skin. Bug might have an inch of hair by now (or more...based on my heartburn!)

Symptoms: I really thought I would be totally over it by now but I have to say that I still feel good overall! Work, however, is a different story. A 13 hour shift on your feet is exhausting to anyone, but it's very demanding on a pregnant body. I'm still making it though- 4 more scheduled shifts!

What I'm looking forward to: Baby :)



1 comment: