May 22, 2012

# Friends # Home Improvement

Nursery Mural

I am SO excited to reveal our nursery mural. Remember that blank space between the crib and the dresser?



I have a very talented friend, Alyssa, who agreed to help us bring this space to life!

This was my inspiration:


Alyssa was a little nervous about painting a mural because she had never done one before. I just love her canvas paintings, and had faith that she could pull it off!
She had this great idea to project the image on the wall so she could get an idea of correct sizing and scale. Alyssa still free-handed the entire mural, but this gave her a guideline to work with since she had never worked on a 'canvas' this large!

Projected image:

Of course, Rowen had to be in the middle of it all

Artist at work

Partial



I like to call it 'whimsical'

We found these shelves at Ikea-it is actually a picture ledge that we flipped upside down

We Ben painted them the same color as the tree trunk

FINISHED!


I just love how it turned out, and I think it looks even better than my inspiration picture! I am still experimenting with pictures and other items that will go on the shelves-I will decide before the final nursery reveal!
Thank you SO much, Alyssa, for taking the time to do this for us. It means so much to me, and I just know Junebug will love it :)


2 comments: