August 23, 2012

# Products

A Few of my Favorite Things {Newborn Edition}

Well, now that I am 11 weeks into motherhood, I feel that I have a pretty good grasp on newborn necessities. Here are a few things that have made the newborn period a little easier!

ItzBeen Baby Care Timer What would I do without this thing?! Basically, it's a stopwatch for all things baby: diaper, feeding, sleeping. This has been attached to my hip (literally...it has a clip) since day one. When breastfeeding, it is very important to watch your baby (not a clock) for signs of fullness, but this little gadget has helped me keep up with how long 'it's been' since she ate, and watch as patterns develop. I LOVE IT!

My Brest Friend and Luna Lullaby nursing pillows I received both as gifts and I love them! The Luna Lullaby is great for the newborn stage because it's very supportive and versatile so you can try multiple feeding positions. My Brest Friend stays upstairs for night feedings and I love it! (Note: I am not a big fan of the Boppy Nursing pillows. They don't offer much support, so I always see my patients stuffing pillows underneath them. They are great when baby is a little older/stronger but not in the newborn stage)

Boppy Newborn Lounger Here is one thing that Boppy definitely got right! We use our newborn lounger daily! It sits on the couch next to me so while I am getting ready to feed, or just relaxing, I can always interact with Peyton. It's a great spot for her!


I love my Boppy!


Carseat Stroller Frame This is a great product that we use often. It's basically just a stroller frame for the carseat, so it can't be used once she grows out of her carrier. I bought this at a consignment store, and it has paid for itself many times over! This is great for short trips or small stores when you don't want to lug the bulky stroller around!

Medela Pump in Style As a Mother/Baby nurse, I know that no breast pump compares to Medela. Because I have to return to work, it was important for me to invest in an excellent pump. And that's exactly what it is...an investment. These things aren't cheap (although I used gift cards and my Target debit card and got mine for free!)-but they are worth it.

Fisher Price Rock and Play Sleeper This portable bassinet has been a lifesaver! At first, our little P bug slept in this day & night-I could easily reach it from my bed without getting up! Now, she hangs out in it while I'm getting ready or doing chores. Also, we can bring it along in case she needs to nap while we're at grandma's house!

Just hangin' out!

Fisher Price Piano Gym  Peyton loves this playmat! I think the secret is the mirror that hangs from it. She is pretty mesmerized by her reflection. And with feet that never stop, I get a musical treat!
Future Musician :)


 
Muslin Swaddle Blanket These blankets are our favorite! They are a bit pricey, but well worth it! The light material is perfect for these summer months and the size allows for a perfect swaddle! (A necessity for good newborn sleep!)

Sound Machine Another necessity for good newborn sleep. This one is great because it has multiple sound options. We use the white noise while P sleeps and the classical music while we are playing or doing baby massage.

OK, I must stop-this list is pretty extensive!

I will be back for an 'Infant Edition' in a few months.




1 comment:

  1. I agree with the muslin blankets and white noise. All 3 of my babies have consistently appreciated both! And I agree - boppy nursing pillows result in nothin but a backache from leaning over!

    ReplyDelete