August 09, 2012

# Food # Friends

Hot Dog!

A couple of weeks ago, Ben suggested we have a few people over to visit. "Ya know...very casual. We'll just throw some hot dogs on the grill."
Well, when a few people turned into 15-20, I knew I couldn't serve our guests boring hot dogs. So, I decided to fancy it up a bit and have a gourmet hot dog bar! It was a great way to host a party without breaking the bank!

Our toppings included:
-chili
-cheddar & pepper jack cheese
-sauerkraut
-bacon bits
-homemade relish
-white & purple raw onion
-coleslaw
-roasted bell peppers & onions
-jalapenos
-fresh chopped tomatoes
-banana peppers
-homemade salsa
-ketchup, mustard, spicy mustard

There are so many more options that I would love to try if we host this party again (avocado slices, anyone?!). We also offered hoagie rolls and potato buns. YUM!

Setting up

Yummy toppings

Sweet Tea & Mason jars...a must!

Well, based on the pictures I took, it seems as if Ben and I just threw this party and ate all the food by ourselves! I am thinking about hiring someone to photograph my life because I am clearly not doing a very good job! I promise...there were lots of people there.


Friends managed to capture a few of Miss P

She is mighty cute!


Ben and I have really come to love entertaining...we are already planning our next party!


No comments:

Post a Comment