May 13, 2013

# Blog Challenge # Peyton

A Future Apology {Blogging Challenge Day 13}

Well, this is an interesting topic in our challenge. I had to get pretty creative with this one, but I am quite pleased with what I ended up with.



Day 13: Issue a public apology.

A Future Apology to my Daughter
Dear Peyton,
     I am writing this letter of apology to help you prepare for life as my teenage daughter. 

There will be times that I embarrass you, and I'm sorry for the short term harm it may cause you. But in the long run, it will help you build character.

There will be outfits that I will not approve of, despite how cute you think they are. I'm sorry you can't wear them when all of your other friends are. I want you to learn respect for your body, and baring it all is not the way to do it.

There will be activities you will want to be involved in, and I will tell you to pick one or two. I'm sorry that you can't juggle 4 after-school activities. As important as they are, I want you to value school and your grades just as much.

There will be parties you will beg to go to, and I'm going to a) say no or b) call every parent involved in the party to understand the whereabouts of my child. I'm sorry if this upsets you, but you'll soon learn that friends define us.

There will be times that I just simply say 'no' to whatever you are requesting. I'm sorry if when this makes you angry. I am your mother first and your friend second, and I need to protect you from this world for as long as possible.
Know that I love you...and for that (and everything it entails), I will never be sorry :)

Love, 
Mom



 
      
 

No comments:

Post a Comment