May 31, 2013

# About Me # Blog Challenge

That One Time... {Blogging Challenge Day 31}

Woohoooooo!!! I have made it! Ok, I know I didn't technically blog every single day in May. I did play catch up (which really just means I did double or triple duty in one day!) and I posted about every topic. So I am proud. 

While I will probably miss the writing prompts, I am glad this is over :)


Day 31: A vivid memory

I have shared quite a few memories during my blogging years, and even some during this challenge. I've discussed my childhood, my wedding day, and Peyton's birth story. One thing I have never touched on was my acceptance to nursing school.

I transferred to Kennesaw State University for the sole purpose of going to nursing school. I knew they had a good program, but I had NO idea how good-or how competitive it was. After spending a semester taking some requirements for Georgia schools (different from TN schools...), I applied to the program. That was a no go.
I applied again next semester, interviewed...another no go.

At this point I was becoming stressed out big time. I researched other majors, but nothing felt right to me.

My third time applying was the same as always, and I ended up on the wait list again

Then one day, I returned home from picking up my sisters from school. The phone was ringing as we walked through the door and I ran to grab it, barely making it before the machine picked up. It was my adviser, Fran. She confirmed it was me, then told me she had some news. 
"Do you still want to be a nurse?"
I could barely squeak out "of course" before hanging up and dancing around my house-my sisters staring at me like I was crazy.
I had a staff meeting at the country club that night. I waltzed in and turned in my 2 week notice...because I was moving on to better things. :)

And that...is a vivid memory that I will never forget. It was the beginning of some amazing things for me.

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, friends...Happy LAST day of May! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment